The Goltz-Kinsky Palace
Prague • Czech Republic

From: Prague Travel Guide

See also: Church of Our Lady Before Tyn Old Town Hall Prague Old Town Square Prague


Goltz-Kinsky Palace (Palac Goltz-Kinskych), Prague, Czech Republic
Built between 1755 and 1765 for Count Goltz, the building stands in the Old Town Square and features a wonderfully decorated pink and white Rococo styled facade which has 10 sculptures on display and a large first floor balcony that has been used over the years to give important speeches, such as from communist leader Klement Gottwald in 1945.

After Count Goltz died the Palace was bought by Count Kinsky who changed the interior decor to suit his taste and added the Kinsky coat of arms to the Palace facade.

The Palace now houses a large collection from the National Gallery which is also home to their headquarters, and there are various exhibitions and collections on display.

Facilities
The Palace has a book shop, museum and gift shop on site and there are also plenty of shops and cafes around the Old Town Square.

Attraction Location Guide
The Goltz-Kinsky Palace is located in Old Town Square in Old Town and is positioned in front of the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn.


Footer